Women who are faced with an unexpected pregnancy and who feel parenting isn’t right for them may consider two other choices:
This blog post will explore both options more to understand which might be best for you.
What About Abortion?
Abortion is the elective termination of a viable pregnancy. This option can be performed in two ways:
- A Medical procedure that uses drugs to detach and push out the embryo and pregnancy.
- A Surgical procedure that uses operation techniques to remove the embryo or fetus manually.
To better understand how your health qualifies for an abortion, it’s important to speak with a trusted provider or local pregnancy center. Here, you can provide a complete health history, including a current list of medications, and receive more information on what your pregnancy qualifies for through pregnancy testing and ultrasound imaging.
Additionally, the Mayo Clinic states this isn’t always an easy decision: “Consider seeking support from your partner, a family member, or a friend as you think about your options. Talk with your health care provider to get answers to your questions, help you weigh alternatives, and consider the impact the procedure may have on your future.”
What About Adoption?
Adoption can be a bittersweet journey. It can be a challenging yet rewarding option that allows you to provide a hopeful couple with the opportunity to complete their family.
Some women feel drawn to adoption, while those who have never considered it might be surprised to find that adoption has many different options.
Some of these options include:
- Open Adoption: allows you to exchange personal information, stay in touch and remain a significant part of the child’s life.
- Semi-Open Adoption: allows you to still be a part of the child’s life, but a professional will assist in all the communication to ensure you have the space you need.
- Closed Adoption: all identifying records are legally sealed, and your identity remains anonymous.
With adoption, you remain in control and can choose what’s best for you and your life.
Want To Learn More?
Want to understand more about these options and discover which might be right for you? Schedule a free, confidential appointment with us today and find the answers you want. We’re here for you.