“Human Life Services is a life affirming Christ centered pregnancy care organization, serving York through medical services, peer counseling, education, and community referrals."
Statement of Principle
Human Life Services:
- is a faith-based outreach; we share the teachings and principles of Jesus Christ with women facing unplanned pregnancies.
- is committed to providing our clients with accurate facts about fetal development, abortion, adoption, and parenting, along with other valuable information.
- never advises, provides, or refers for surgical or medical abortions.
- offers assistance free of charge at all times.
- operates with integrity at all times in dealing with clients and provides any promised information and services.
- helps women throughout their pregnancies by providing emotional support and practical assistance, as well as providing post-pregnancy and post-abortion support.
- recognizes each individual as having value and continues to provide support regardless of the pregnancy decision the client makes.
- is committed to creating awareness of the fact that abortion only compounds human need rather than resolving it.
- will not engage in contraceptive counseling, in referring for contraceptives, or in providing contraceptive services.
- does not discriminate in providing services because of the ethnicity, creed, national origin, disabilities, age or marital status of its clients.
- recognizes the validity of adoption as a viable alternative to abortion, but is not biased toward adoption over parenting.
- is independent of any adoption agencies, and considers them one of many helpful resources; we receive no payment of any kind from these agencies, do not enter into contractual relationships with them, and do not share office space.
In a word, Human Life Services is about one thing: compassion. We realize that many of the women facing unplanned pregnancies don’t know where to turn for help. We’re here to serve our clients with compassionate, culturally relevant support. That hand of friendship remains extended, regardless of a woman's decision about her pregnancy.
We’re here to help anyone, without judgment, regardless of the situation.